Comillas grants and financial aid for Bachelor's Degree programs (academic year 2021-22)
Comillas study grants and financial aid are funded through University funds and contributions from the Comillas-ICAI University Foundation, the Fund of Church Grants, the non-autonomous foundation for candidates to the priesthood and other organizations and individuals.
Financial aid and grants for Nursing and Physical Therapy programs are organized by the School of Nursing and Physical Therapy and the Brothers Hospitallers of San Juan de Dios (Bética Province).
Who is eligible for these grants?
This study grants are intended for future Bachelor's Degree students at Comillas.
What do these grants cover?
Comillas study grants consist of a partial reduction of tuition fees for Bachelor's Degree programs.
The grants for Nursing and Physiotherapy studies are regulated in points 9 and 10 of the call.
How long do these grants last?
The Study Grant Commission will decide on the award for one academic year, with renewal subject to reapplication.
- Incoming students should not already have a university degree. Exceptions may be made in special circumstances.
- Students should register for subjects or credits amounting to no less than 60% of the average amount for a regular academic year. Financial aid is not usually awarded for academic years or subjects that are being repeated or for credits above the amount recommended by the authorities managing the corresponding academic year of the degree. The student's academic performance, as assessed by the corresponding academic authority, will be taken into account in all cases.
- Students whose net family income is lower than the thresholds established in each call for applications are eligible to apply for study grants and financial aid. For more information see the call for applications
- Students whose family income is within the values established by the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sports or the Basque Government for students residing in the Basque Country, in their call for scholarships, must submit this application.
Applying for Bachelor's Degree study grants and financial aid
- Certificate of Company/Business Withholdings or Certificate from the State Public Employment Service (“SEPE”, Servicio Público de Empleo Estatal), if applicable, for the year 2020, which accredits the income reported.
- Certification issued by the Spanish National Tax Agency, relating to the income tax statement for the last fiscal year (2019) for all members of the Family Unit. This certification can be obtained immediately and free of charge through the website of the Spanish National Tax Agency.
- If any of the family members are not required to present an income tax declaration, and are not included in the declaration of the father or mother, a Certificate of Imputation of Income (Certificado de Imputaciones de Renta,) corresponding to the year 2019, is required. This certification can be obtained immediately and free of charge through the website of the Spanish National Tax Agency.
- Photocopy of the "DNI", National Identity Document, for all of the members of the family included in Section D.
- In the case of having the obligation to file income tax returns as self-employed ("por cuenta propia"), a statement-settlement for the last quarter of payments on file for the presentation of personal income tax ("IRPF").
- Literal Certificate of a National Scope (Certificado literal de ámbito naciona)l for all urban or rural real estate owned by the applicant, the father and the mother or, where appropriate, those who support the Family Unit. These certificates are mandatory even if there are no assets registered on them. The consultation can be made free of charge through the Electronic Office of the Cadastre (Sede Electrónica del Catastro) by means of a digital signature. If you do not have a digital signature, it can be obtained in person at the Land Registry Office (Gerencia Territorial del Catastro, C / Guzmán el Bueno, 139. 28003-Madrid, SPAIN).
- Both parents will be considered as part of the family unit, regardless of their current marital status. The Office for Financial Aid is available for any questions that may arise concerning this matter.
- Mandatory proof of other income perceived as a Widow, Orphan or Disabled Person, when applicable.
- Students who declare themselves as financially independent must necessarily present a certificate of family registration, Certificado de empadronamiento familiar (which must correspond to the address where the student resides during the academic year) and a copy of the lease in force for accommodation, in the student's name.
New students must complete and submit their scholarship application at the same time as their application for admission. More information [here].
Current students must submit applications to request or renew financial aid for the 2021-2022 academic year, must submit the application from March 1 until May 7, 2021. Students enrolled in Ecclesiastical Faculties (Theology / Canon Law), as well as students who are members of religious or Diocesan communities, who present notably justified cases, may also do so.
Current students of the “San Juan de Dios” University School of Nursing and Physical Therapy, to request or renew their financial aid for the 2021-2022 academic year, must submit their application from January 8 until June 18, 2021.
NO APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED OUTSIDE THE DEADLINES ESTABLISHED.
The University has designed a Grant simulator for all potential students to calculate the possibility of obtaining a grant from the University.
When do I find out if my grant application has been successful?
Incoming students will be informed about the result of their application after being formally offered a place at the University.
All other students will be informed after the close of the enrollment period for the academic year for which the application is made.