OFFICIAL MASTER'S DEGREE IN TELECOMMUNICATIONS ENGINEERING
General skills and abilities:
- Acquire advanced knowledge and demonstrate, in a highly-specific context or a context of scientific and technological research, a detailed and substantiated understanding of the theoretical and practical aspects, and of the methodology of work, in one or more fields of study.
- Know how to apply and combine their knowledge, their understanding, their scientific base and their problem-solving abilities in new and imprecisely defined environments, including multidisciplinary contexts, applicable to both researchers and highly-specialized professionals
- Know how to evaluate and select the appropriate scientific theory and the precise methodology of their fields of study to formulate judgements based on incomplete or limited information, including, when necessary and pertinent, a reflection on social or ethical responsibility linked to the solution that is proposed in each case
- Be able to predict and control the evolution of complex situations through the development of new and innovative work methodologies adapted to specific scientific / research, technological or professional fields, in general multidisciplinary, in which their activity is developed
- Know how to convey, in a clear and unambiguous way, to a specialized or non-specialized audience, results from scientific and technological research or the most advanced field of innovation, as well as the most relevant foundations on which they are based
- To have developed sufficient autonomy to participate in research projects and scientific or technological collaborations within their thematic scope, in interdisciplinary contexts and, where appropriate, with a high component of the transfer of knowledge
- Be able to take responsibility for their own professional development and their specialization in one or more fields of study
- Ability to project, calculate and design products, processes and facilities in all areas of Telecommunication Engineering
- Capacity for the management of works and installations of Telecommunication Systems, complying with current regulations, ensuring the quality of service
- Ability to direct, plan and supervise multidisciplinary teams
- Capacity for Mathematical Modeling, Calculation and Simulation in Technological Centers and Business Engineering, particularly in Research, Development and Innovation tasks in all fields related to Telecommunication Engineering and related multidisciplinary fields
- Capacity for the elaboration, strategic planning, management, coordination and technical and economic management of projects in all fields of Telecommunications Engineering following quality and environmental criteria
- Capacity for general management, technical management and supervision of research, development and innovation projects in companies and centers for technology
- Capacity for the initiation, supervision and management of manufacturing processes of Electronic and Telecommunications equipment, with the guarantee of safety for people and goods, the final quality of the products and their homologation
- Ability to apply the knowledge acquired and solve problems in new or unfamiliar environments within broader and multidisciplinary contexts, being able to use knowledge from different fields
- Ability to understand the ethical responsibility and professional ethics code of the activities involved in the profession of Telecommunications Engineer
- Ability to apply the principles of Economics and Management of Human Resources and Projects, as well as legislation, regulation and standardization of Telecommunications
- Ability to know how to communicate (orally and in writing) the conclusions - and the knowledge and ultimate reasons that support them - to specialized and non-specialized audiences in a clear and unambiguous way
- Possess skills for continuous, self-directed and autonomous learning
- Knowledge, understanding and ability to apply the necessary legislation in the exercise of the profession of Telecommunications Engineer
Specific skills and abilities:
- Ability to apply methods of Information Theory, Adaptive Modulation and Channel Coding, as well as advanced techniques of Digital Signal Processing to Communications and Audiovisual Systems.
- Ability to develop Radio Communications Systems: Design of Antennas, Equipment and Subsystems, Modeling of Channels, Calculation of Links and Planning.
- Ability to implement systems by Cable, Line, Satellite in Fixed and Mobile Communications Environments.
- Ability to design and dimension Transport Networks, Broadcast and Distribution of Multimedia Signals.
- Ability to design Radio Navigation and Positioning Systems, as well as Radar Systems.
- Ability to model, design, implement, manage, operate, manage and maintain Networks, Services and Contents.
- Ability to perform planning, decision making and packaging of Networks, Services and Applications considering Quality of Service, Direct and Operational Costs, Implementation Plan, Supervision, Security Procedures, Scaling and Maintenance, as well as how to manage and ensure Quality in the Development Process.
- Ability to understand and know how to apply the operation and organization of the Internet, New Generation Technologies and Internet Protocols, Component Models, Intermediary Software and Services.
- Ability to solve the convergence, interoperability and design of Heterogeneous Networks with Local, Access and Trunk Networks, as well as the integration of Telephone, Data, Television and Interactive Services.
- Ability to design and manufacture Integrated Circuits.
- Knowledge of Hardware Description Languages for highly Complex Circuits.
- Ability to use programmable Logic Devices, as well as to design advanced Electronic Systems, both Analog and Digital.
- Ability to design communication components such as Routers, Switches, Concentrators, Transmitters and Receivers in different bands.
- Ability to apply advanced knowledge of Photonics and Optoelectronics, as well as High Frequency Electronics.
- Ability to develop Electronic Instrumentation, as well as Transducers, Actuators and Sensors.
- Ability to integrate technologies and systems specific to Telecommunications Engineering, with a general character and in broader and multidisciplinary contexts such as Bioengineering, Photovoltaic Conversion, Nanotechnology and Telemedicine.
- Capacity for the elaboration, supervision, coordination, and technical and economic management of projects on: Systems, Networks, Infrastructures and Telecommunications Services, including the supervision and coordination of partial projects and their related work; Common Telecommunication Infrastructures in buildings or residential cores, including Digital Home Projects; Telecommunications Infrastructures in transport and the environment; with their corresponding Power Supply Installations and evaluation of Electromagnetic Emissions and Electromagnetic Compatibility.
- Carry out, present and defend, once all of the credits in the Study Plan have been obtained, a Comprehensive Project in Telecommunications Engineering, of a professional nature, in which students can demonstrate that they have acquired and assimilated the skills and abilities acquired from teaching. This project should be an original exercise, carried out individually, and defended in front of a Tribunal of Professors from the field.
SKILLS OF THE MASTER'S DEGREE IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA)
CG 01 - Analytic and synthesis cognitive capacities applied to business situations and managing and organisation problems.
CG 02 - Management of data and information as key elements for decision-making and for identification, formulation and resolution of business problems.
CG 03 - Problem-solving and decision-making skills at a strategic, tactic and operational level with regard to a business, considering the interrelationship between the different functional and business areas.
CG 04 - Application of concepts and theories on business organizations in order to discover new business opportunities and acquire long-term competitive advantages.
CG 05 - Interpersonal skills such as listening, negotiating, persuading, working in multidisciplinary teams, in order to effectively address different tasks, and, when appropriate, capacity to exert leadership in the corresponding business organization.
CG 06 - Ethical commitment with a behaviour based in moral principles and those principles of the organisation when facing moral dilemmas and corporate social responsibility issues.
CG 07 - Time management capacity with the purpose of improving personal and team efficiency within business organizations, its environment and its management.
CG 08 - Critical reasoning and argumentation according with the understanding of knowledge and know-how on business administrations, their external context and their administration and management processes.
CG 09 - Autonomous learning capacity in order to acquire more knowledge on knowledge on cognitive skills and relevant contents applied to professional and business activities.
CG 10 - Initiative, creativity and entrepreneurship when applying management techniques and related knowledge to management and development of business organizations.
CE 01 - Knowledge, understanding and handling of tools for diagnosis of the competitive position of a company, and designing and executing the company's strategic plan.
CE 02 - Capacity for understanding and analysing financial, social, cultural, political, legal and environmental dimensions of the international environment as well as their influence when choosing and establishing the company's internationalisation strategy.
CE 03 - Historical and scientific knowledge on corporate governance which shall enable students to design an efficient corporate governance system.
CE 04 - Designing the functions regarding management of persons from a strategic and integration approach which may create value within business organizations.
CE 05 - Capacity to understand and analyse the different management and leadership activities from different operational and business areas within the company.
CE 06 - Ability and disposition to value those aspects from executive management of a company; communication and negotiation skills and ability to manage persons and teams needed to exercise leadership of a corporate organization.
CE 07 - Understanding ethical and moral values that prevail within an organisation, acquiring the capacity to identify and solve any ethical dilemma encountered in business activity, and apply any management and assessment instruments from Corporate Social Responsibility so they may be incorporated to the company's strategic planning and their organizational development.
CE 08 - Capacity of identifying and establishing the strategic value of designing products and processes, control and organisation of productions, logistics and quality management in a service or manufacturing company.
CE 09 - Being able to analyse the problems of the company and its environment through the use of quantitative methods, identify appropriate analysis and modelling techniques and apply these same techniques to predictive and simulation case studies of business management.
CE 10 - Knowing and being able to use the assets valuation techniques, analyse and select investments, identify financing sources and design and implement the relevant financial strategies and techniques for advanced corporate management.
CE 11 - Understanding accounting in a globalised context: based on the International Financial Reporting Standards, capacity to design and analyse consolidated financial statements in order to carry out a financial diagnosis and, once the current situation has been established, apply the relevant accounting policies (taxes, financial instruments, etc.) which are deemed most appropriate to optimise the company's resources and viability of certain projects in the company's decision making processes.
CE 12 - Capacity for preparing and managing the financial and accounting information of a company through the use of advanced analysis techniques and control tools.
CE 14 - Being able to select an appropriate theoretical framework and methodological approach and to identify the most relevant literature for a given research to be conducted.
CE 13 - Ability to design and analyse management accounting reports and costs as a tool of Marketing Accounting so it may be used in the company's decision making processes and their incorporation to the company's strategic planning.