SKILLS OF THE MASTER'S DEGREE IN INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING
Basic and general skills and abilities:
- Acquire advanced knowledge and demonstrate, in a highly-specific context or a context of scientific and technological research, a detailed and substantiated understanding of the theoretical and practical aspects, and of the methodology of work, in one or more fields of study.
- Know how to apply and combine their knowledge, their understanding, their scientific base and their problem solving abilities in new and imprecisely defined environments, including multidisciplinary contexts, applicable to both researchers and highly-specialized professionals.
- Know how to evaluate and select the appropriate scientific theory and the precise methodology of their fields of study to formulate judgements based on incomplete or limited information, including, when necessary and pertinent, a reflection on social or ethical responsibility linked to the solution that is proposed in each case.
- Be able to predict and control the evolution of complex situations through the development of new and innovative work methodologies adapted to specific scientific / research, technological or professional field, in general multidisciplinary, in which their activity is developed.
- Know how to convey, in a clear and unambiguous way, to a specialized or non-specialized audience, results from scientific and technological research or the most advanced field of innovation, as well as the most relevant foundations on which they are based.
- To have developed enough autonomy to participate in research projects and scientific or technological collaborations within their thematic scope, in interdisciplinary contexts and, where appropriate, with a high component of the transfer of knowledge.
- Be able to take responsibility for their own professional development and their specialization in one or more fields of study.
- Have adequate knowledge of the scientific and technological aspects of: mathematical, analytical and numerical methods in Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Energy Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Continuous Media Mechanics, Industrial Electronics, Automation, Manufacturing, Materials, Quantitative Methods of Management, Industrial Computing, Urban Planning, Infrastructures, etc.
- Project, calculate and design products, processes, facilities and plants.
- Direct, plan and supervise multidisciplinary teams.
- Carry out research, development and innovation in products, processes and methods.
- Carry out strategic planning and apply it to constructive systems as well as Production, Quality and Environmental Management.
- Technically and economically manage projects, facilities, plants, companies and technology centers.
- To be able to exercise functions of general management, technical management and management of R + D + i projects in plants, companies and technological centers.
- Apply the knowledge acquired and solve problems in new or unfamiliar environments, within broader and multidisciplinary contexts.
- Be able to integrate knowledge and face the complexity of making judgements based on information that, being incomplete or limited, includes reflections on the social and ethical responsibilities linked to the application of their knowledge and judgement.
- Know how to communicate the conclusions, knowledge and the ultimate reasons that support them to specialized and non-specialized audiences in a clear and unambiguous way.
- Possess the learning skills that allow the individual to continue studying in a self-directed or autonomous way.
- Know, understand, and apply the necessary legislation in the exercise of the profession of Industrial Engineer.
Specific skills and abilities:
- Knowledge and skills to organize and manage Companies
- Knowledge and skills of Strategy and Planning applied to different Organizational Structures
- Knowledge of Commercial and Labor Law
- Knowledge of Financial Accounting and Costs
- Knowledge of Information Systems for Management, Industrial Organization, Production Systems and Logistics and Quality Management Systems
- Capabilities for Work Organization and Human Resources Management. Knowledge of Prevention of Occupational Risks
- Knowledge and Skills for the Integrated Management of Projects
- Capacity for the Management of Research, Development and Technological Innovation
- Capacity for the Design, Construction and Operation of Industrial Plants
- Knowledge on Construction, Building, Facilities, Infrastructure and Urban Planning in the field of Industrial Engineering
- Knowledge and skills for the Calculation and Design of Structures
- Knowledge and skills for planning and designing Electrical and Fluid Installations, Lighting, Air Conditioning and Ventilation, Energy Saving and Efficiency, Acoustics, Communications, Home Automation and Smart Buildings and Security Installations
- Knowledge of Methods and Techniques of Transport and Industrial Maintenance
- Knowledge and skills to perform Verification and Control of Facilities, Processes and Products
- Knowledge and skills to carry out Certifications, Audits, Verifications, Tests and Reports
- Carry out, present and defend a comprehensive project in Industrial Engineering, of a professional nature, in which the skills and abilities acquired in courses are made manifest, once all of the credits of the Study Plan have been obtained; this project should be an original exercise, whose presentation and defense are to be carried out individually before a university Tribunal of Professors
- Knowledge and capacity for the analysis and design of Electricity Generation, Transport and Distribution Systems
- Knowledge and ability to project, calculate and design Integrated Manufacturing Systems
- Ability to design and test Machines
- Capacity for the analysis and design of Chemical Processes
- Knowledge and capabilities for the design and analysis of Machines and Thermal Engines, Hydraulic Machines and Industrial Heat and Cold Installations
- Knowledge and skills that allow to understand, analyze, exploit and manage the different Sources of Energy
- Ability to design Electronic Systems and Industrial Instrumentation
- Ability to design and project Automated Production Systems and Advanced Process Control
SKILLS OF THE MASTER'S DEGREE IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA)
CG 01 - Analytic and synthesis cognitive capacities applied to business situations and managing and organisation problems.
CG 02 - Management of data and information as key elements for decision-making and for identification, formulation and resolution of business problems.
CG 03 - Problem-solving and decision-making skills at a strategic, tactic and operational level with regard to a business, considering the interrelationship between the different functional and business areas.
CG 04 - Application of concepts and theories on business organizations in order to discover new business opportunities and acquire long-term competitive advantages.
CG 05 - Interpersonal skills such as listening, negotiating, persuading, working in multidisciplinary teams, in order to effectively address different tasks, and, when appropriate, capacity to exert leadership in the corresponding business organization.
CG 06 - Ethical commitment with a behaviour based in moral principles and those principles of the organisation when facing moral dilemmas and corporate social responsibility issues.
CG 07 - Time management capacity with the purpose of improving personal and team efficiency within business organizations, its environment and its management.
CG 08 - Critical reasoning and argumentation according with the understanding of knowledge and know-how on business administrations, their external context and their administration and management processes.
CG 09 - Autonomous learning capacity in order to acquire more knowledge on knowledge on cognitive skills and relevant contents applied to professional and business activities.
CG 10 - Initiative, creativity and entrepreneurship when applying management techniques and related knowledge to management and development of business organizations.
CE 01 - Knowledge, understanding and handling of tools for diagnosis of the competitive position of a company, and designing and executing the company's strategic plan.
CE 02 - Capacity for understanding and analysing financial, social, cultural, political, legal and environmental dimensions of the international environment as well as their influence when choosing and establishing the company's internationalisation strategy.
CE 03 - Historical and scientific knowledge on corporate governance which shall enable students to design an efficient corporate governance system.
CE 04 - Designing the functions regarding management of persons from a strategic and integration approach which may create value within business organizations.
CE 05 - Capacity to understand and analyse the different management and leadership activities from different operational and business areas within the company.
CE 06 - Ability and disposition to value those aspects from executive management of a company; communication and negotiation skills and ability to manage persons and teams needed to exercise leadership of a corporate organization.
CE 07 - Understanding ethical and moral values that prevail within an organisation, acquiring the capacity to identify and solve any ethical dilemma encountered in business activity, and apply any management and assessment instruments from Corporate Social Responsibility so they may be incorporated to the company's strategic planning and their organizational development.
CE 08 - Capacity of identifying and establishing the strategic value of designing products and processes, control and organisation of productions, logistics and quality management in a service or manufacturing company.
CE 09 - Being able to analyse the problems of the company and its environment through the use of quantitative methods, identify appropriate analysis and modelling techniques and apply these same techniques to predictive and simulation case studies of business management.
CE 10 - Knowing and being able to use the assets valuation techniques, analyse and select investments, identify financing sources and design and implement the relevant financial strategies and techniques for advanced corporate management.
CE 11 - Understanding accounting in a globalised context: based on the International Financial Reporting Standards, capacity to design and analyse consolidated financial statements in order to carry out a financial diagnosis and, once the current situation has been established, apply the relevant accounting policies (taxes, financial instruments, etc.) which are deemed most appropriate to optimise the company's resources and viability of certain projects in the company's decision making processes.
CE 12 - Capacity for preparing and managing the financial and accounting information of a company through the use of advanced analysis techniques and control tools.
CE 14 - Being able to select an appropriate theoretical framework and methodological approach and to identify the most relevant literature for a given research to be conducted.
CE 13 - Ability to design and analyse management accounting reports and costs as a tool of Marketing Accounting so it may be used in the company's decision making processes and their incorporation to the company's strategic planning.