The fundamental aim of international internships is for students or recent graduates to obtain work experience which enhances their resumés before they join the job market, as well as for them to obtain work experience in another country, thus learning about different cultures, and increasing their real and functional language level.
The main Grants and Programs for working in international companies are:
These are internships of 2 to 3 months (in exceptional cases 2 months will be financed) in European companies, financed by the European Commission.
Prácticas INSIDE (Internships in Companies and Public Institutions for Students from the Inside Program)
Students on the Inside Programs have the opportunity to carry out internships in different public institutions and private companies abroad. This is part of the Atlantic Project and the aim is for our students gain experience with a view to joining the international labor market.
BECAS FARO – The application period is currently OPEN – For Information and Application Forms, please visit the following web page: https://www.becasfaro.es/home.php
Faro is a program promoted and sponsored by the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sports in Spain (hereinafter referred to as the Ministry of Education), whose purpose is to foment the mobility of students in their final years of studies from all Spanish universities by providing participation in educational internships for quality training in companies located in Europe, the United States and Canada, as well as in Spanish companies or multinational companies in Asia and the Pacific Rim. The ultimate objective of the program is to foment the transition from the educational system to the job market through improving competencies, aptitudes and attitudes.
Grants are awarded continuously for the duration of the program, with 31 December 2017 as the deadline to begin internships. The average duration of internships is six months.
To be able to request these grants, the requirements are the following:
- To be a student, Spanish or foreign, less than 30 years old, with legal residency in Spain and to be studying at a Spanish University
- To be enrolled in university studies which lead to receiving an Undergraduate Degree, Licenciate Degree, degree in Engineering, Technical Engineering, Architecture, or Technical Architecture, and to have passed a minimum of 70 percent of the credits necessary to obtain the degree. Additionally, students who are carrying out an end-of-studies final project established in study plans for officially recognized university studies, may also participate.
- To comply with the entry requirements and requirements to reside in the country of destinattion prior to the beginning of the stay.
- Not to have received previously a Grant for Mobility (Argo, Faro, Integrants), nor any other financial aid from the Ministry of Education with the same purpose or aim.
The economic stipend will vary according to the country of destination in which the internship will be carried out.
VULCANUS- (Internships in Japan)
The VULCANUS program is aimed at students who are EU nationals in the third year of their degree or at Postgraduate level, from the branches of Science or Engineering, who are enrolled in a European university during the academic year in which the grant is requested. It involves carrying out an industrial internship in companies in Japan for a period of a year.
TheOrganization of American States (OAS) is the main political forum of the Region which promotes and supports Democracy, Human Rights, Multi-Dimensional Security and Integral Development in the Americas. The OAS seeks to prevent conflicts and to bring political stability, social inclusion and prosperity to the region through dialogue and collective action. The internship program of the OAS is not remunerated.
The OAS Internship Program has been taking place at the headquarters of the General Secretariat in Washington, DC for more than 30 years. However, in 2011 the programswere expanded to offices in member states of the OAS
- Washington, D.C. –Internship session – Summer 2017 (June 1- August 11) – Period to Submit Applications Open from January 28- February 26
- Country Offices & Special Programs – internship Summer 2017 (June 12 – August 28) - Period to Submit Applications Open from January 28- February 26
What are the requirements to participate?
- To have a GPA of at least 3.0 out of 4.0 (American scale) or equivalent.
- To be proficient in two of the four official languages of the Organization: English, French, Spanish and Portuguese.
- To fill out the electronic application form (www.oas.org/internships) along with:
- Two letters of recommendation (from professors or employers)
- Academic transcripts
- Curriculum Vitae / Resume
ARGO PROGRAM - The application period is currently OPEN
ARGO is a mobility program funded by the . The aim is to promote practical internships for Spanish University graduates in companies in Europe, USA, Canada and Spanish or Multinationals companies with office in Asia and Oceania. The call for applications will finish on 31st December 2017. Graduate applications and Internship offers from European companies deadline is 1st September 2017. The finalization and return deadline of the ARGO Interns is August 31th 2018.
To be eligible under the ARGO scheme you should meet the following pre-requisites:
- To hold a University Degree from any public or private Spanish university obtained in the past three years. To be under 35 years of age with legal residence in Spain.
- At the time of submission, it is necessary to have obtained one of the following qualifications: Graduate, Engineer, Architect, Technical Engineer, Technical Architect, Diploma, Degree or Masters Degree and demonstrate working knowledge of the language required by the company.
- To meet the visa and residence requirements, required by destination countries.
The average length of the internships is 6 months. All internships must start either the 1st of every month.
ICEX- (Theoretical and Practical Training and Internships in Spanish companies or international institutions)
The objective of the ICEX Grants (Institute of Foreign Trade/Commerce) is to train young professionals who specialize in providing companies with services for internationalization.
These programs, intended for university graduates, offer theoretical training in international trade and practical training in the different offices of the Foreign and Domestic Network of the Ministry of Industry, Tourism and Trade, in Spanish companies with international activity or in international institutions.
Other European institutions, entities, organizations, and offices which also organize periods of internship are:
- The European Parliament
- The European Ombudsman
- The Economic and Social Committee
- The European Central Bank
- The OHIM (Office for Harmonization of the Internal Market)
- The Council of the European Union
- The Court of Justice of the European Union
- The European Court of Auditors
- The Committee of the Regions
- The European Investment Bank
- The European Investment Fund
- Europol (European Police Organization)
- The European Commission
INTERNSHIPS AT THE UNITED NATIONS:The United Nations and its different agencies organize periods of internship, normally without remuneration and for university graduates. In the youth section on the United Nations website there is a full list of the different internship programs offered by the agencies of the United Nations. You may access this information by clicking here.